Efficient architecture: how does architecture help to save energy in your home?
As a result, more and more people are becoming interested in efficient architecture and passive house construction. But do you already know the characteristics of a house that meets Passivhaus standards? Stay with us to discover this new efficient architecture. No doubt you will find here the best tips and tricks to design your house in favour of energy efficiency and sustainability.
What is a passive house?
Savings in passive houses or efficient architecture are based on the following concepts:
– Thermal insulation, which ensures that the heating temperature does not escape to the street and is maintained. On the other hand, it also helps to prevent heat from entering the home in the summer season. Thermal insulation also means that the temperature remains stable for much longer. So even if you have turned off the heating or air conditioning, the temperature in your home will remain comfortable for much longer.
– The passive house is built taking into account the path of the sun, so that light always enters through the windows. In this way, especially in the mornings, it is not necessary to switch on the light bulbs and save energy.
There is no doubt that passive houses are the future. Buyers are therefore increasingly interested in this type of housing. In any case, it is not necessary to have a passive house to save energy. You can increase the energy efficiency of your home and save energy to become more sustainable with just a simple renovation.
But if you don’t have the budget for the renovation you need right now, don’t worry! Even without renovation, you can still keep your home at a comfortable temperature during the colder months. Read these ten tips carefully to keep your home warm, without making excessive use of heating or increasing your electricity bill too much.
Tips for saving electricity at home
Saving energy at home is vital. We have already seen that, thanks to the construction of passive houses, how to save energy at home becomes an easy and simple task. But, if for the moment you can’t afford to spend the money on a complete renovation of your home, pay close attention to these tips:
– Set the heating and air conditioning at the right temperature. Remember that the ideal temperature for a home is between 19 and 21ºC in winter and between 24 and 26ºC in summer.
– Replace incandescent bulbs. If you still have this type of product in your home lighting, replace them with LED halogens and you will notice the savings.
– Use the energy-saving or low-consumption mode in all your household appliances. This way, their consumption will be 100% efficient.
– Remove the curtains from your windows during sunlight hours, so that natural light enters completely into the rooms of your home.
Which electricity tariffs to choose?
In order to improve the price of what you pay for electricity, you must find a new tariff from one of the many electricity companies operating in Spain. To find one of the cheapest electricity companies, it is not enough to ask your friends or search on your own. The offer is so wide that you may not be able to find the best electricity companies at a glance. Without a doubt, the easiest way to find the cheapest electricity tariffs is with the help of a price comparator.
An online tool that you can consult free of charge to find the best electricity company.
One of the best types of tariffs that exist for passive architecture houses are the tariffs with hourly discrimination. Why? Because this type of tariff has a cheaper cost of electricity during the night, during the hours in which a passive house cannot take advantage of sunlight.